PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous Error by Global Warming "Authorities"

Richard Amiel McGough
11-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Here is a must read article exposing an outrageous error from one of the leading "global warming" hucksters:

The world has never seen such freezing heat (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/11/16/do1610.xml)

A surreal scientific blunder last week raised a huge question mark about the temperature records that underpin the worldwide alarm over global warming. On Monday, Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), which is run by Al Gore's chief scientific ally, Dr James Hansen, and is one of four bodies responsible for monitoring global temperatures, announced that last month was the hottest October on record.

This was startling. Across the world there were reports of unseasonal snow and plummeting temperatures last month, from the American Great Plains to China, and from the Alps to New Zealand. China's official news agency reported that Tibet had suffered its "worst snowstorm ever". In the US, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration registered 63 local snowfall records and 115 lowest-ever temperatures for the month, and ranked it as only the 70th-warmest October in 114 years.

I had reviewed their data myself recently because I was curious if they would accurately report the cooling that has been reported all over the planet. I was stunned when I saw their data, since it contradicted all the reports from places all over the planet. As it turns out, they had used the September data for October resulting in outragously innacurrate "hot" temperatures.

And this is not the first time such errors have been exposed:

Deja Vu All Over Again: Blogger Again Finds Error in NASA Climate Data (http://www.dailytech.com/Deja+Vu+All+Over+Again+Blogger+Again+Finds+Error+i n+NASA+Climate+Data/article13410.htm)

Richard

CWH
11-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't ignore global warming please!

Refer to Revelation which tells about events during the end times. In many verses in Revelation (just to mention some: 6:8, 7:16, 8:5, 8:7, 8:8, 8:10, 9:2, 9:17, 16:8) there are many mentions of heat, fire, smoke, famine, burning but however there are no mention of cold, snow, blizzards, ice, flood. There are only a few mentions of hailstone (11:19, 8:7. 16:21). This seems to suggest that during end times of which we are living now, will be a much warmer world.

Richard Amiel McGough
11-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Don't ignore global warming please!

Refer to Revelation which tells about events during the end times. In many verses in Revelation (just to mention some: 6:8, 7:16, 8:5, 8:7, 8:8, 8:10, 9:2, 9:17, 16:8) there are many mentions of heat, fire, smoke, famine, burning but however there are no mention of cold, snow, blizzards, ice, flood. There are only a few mentions of hailstone (11:19, 8:7. 16:21). This seems to suggest that during end times of which we are living now, will be a much warmer world.
Hi Cheow,

Thanks for you comments. But I see things a little differently. The symbols that God used in Revelation are the same as the symbols He used in the previous 65 books of the Bible. For example, consider these words that David spoke after God judged his persecutors:
Psalm 18:6-15 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. 7 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. 8 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. 9 He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. 10 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind. 11 He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies. 12 At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire. 13 The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. 14 Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. 15 Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.

It seems to me that God expects me to understand the symbolic nature of this language. It does not seem that I am supposed to believe the David visibly beheld the Lord God Almighty riding "upon a cherub" with smoke and burning coals coming out of His visible "nostrels."

But you see things very differently, and that is perfectly acceptible to me. I think we could probably have a very fruitful discussion about the interpretation of Revelation.

Many blessings to you and yours,

Richard

CWH
11-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi Richard:),

What I am trying to say here is that there is a possibility of global warming, do not reject that theory totally. I understand that you are a stern non-believer in global warming but it is good to keep in view...What If there really is global warming?

Many freak cold weathers that was presented now and then are probably compensatory measures which the Earth make to adjust to "cool" the effects of global warming so as to maintain equilibrium. To use an analogy, if one develops a fever, the body will sweat more to try to cool the body and thus reduce the fever; other measures are pumping more blood to the skin and increased respiration to get rid of the excess heat. If these measures are not successful in reducing the fever and the fever continues to rise, it will come to a moment of threshold peak whereby the body just give up and dies. Same with global warming, when the warming threshold reaches its peak despite all these compensatory measures, the Earth will give up and series of disasters will follow suit. The Earth is like an iron ball, heat it and it expands causing cracks on its surface resulting in more volcanic eruptions and earthquakes as it tries to compensate and accommodate to the expansion. It has been said that earthquakes and volcanic eruptions have increased statistically.

Luckily, Revelation doesn't seems to indicate global warming as the cause for the final destruction of the Earth.

You may not believe me at this moment, the truth will comes to light when more global events unfold. My prediction for 2009 and 2010 is there will be a world recession, food prices will increase many times (it has already increased by 2 or 3 times since a few years ago), however price of oil (petroleum), ethanol, biofuel will be moderated or reduced to lessen the effect of the world recession. If my prediction comes true then believe me.

God Bless:).

Richard Amiel McGough
11-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi Richard:),

What I am trying to say here is that there is a possibility of global warming, do not reject that theory totally. I understand that you are a stern non-believer in global warming but it is good to keep in view...What If there really is global warming?

Hi Cheow, :yo:

It is good to be chatting.

I wouldn't say that I am a "stern non-believer in global warming." I believe that there has been a general warming trend of about 1 degree over the last century. But that change is within normal limits and the temp is still lower than many times in relatively recent history, such as the medival warm period. The thing I sternly reject is the dogmatic assertion that humans have caused this particular change in climate and that we must give great power and wealth to the "climate saviors" or we are all going to die very soon. The simple truth is that we have absolutely no hard evidence that human activity has caused the warming. We have no ability to predict the future climate or even to explain the climate that has been observed in the last century. yet these arrogant fools demand that everyone believe that there is a nearly perfect "scientific consensus" on the issue. That is blatanly absurd. They have actively corrupted the integrity of the scientific community by forcefully silencing and even "excomunicating" any who failed to follow the "party line." It is the corruption of truth and the political indoctrination of everyone on the planet that I sternly reject.

Many freak cold weathers that was presented now and then are probably compensatory measures which the Earth make to adjust to "cool" the effects of global warming so as to maintain equilibrium. To use an analogy, if one develops a fever, the body will sweat more to try to cool the body and thus reduce the fever; other measures are pumping more blood to the skin and increased respiration to get rid of the excess heat. If these measures are not successful in reducing the fever and the fever continues to rise, it will come to a moment of threshold peak whereby the body just give up and dies. Same with global warming, when the warming threshold reaches its peak despite all these compensatory measures, the Earth will give up and series of disasters will follow suit. The Earth is like an iron ball, heat it and it expands causing cracks on its surface resulting in more volcanic eruptions and earthquakes as it tries to compensate and accommodate to the expansion. It has been said that earthquakes and volcanic eruptions have increased statistically.

That is a very interesting approach to the question. It seems that you are beginning with the assumption that anthropogenic global warming is a fact, and then trying to explain why that "fact" does not match our observations. I have seen this frequently in the literature. Here is how it goes:

Glaciers are melting is proof of global warming
Glaciers are growing is proof of global warming

Late snows are proof of global warming
Early snows are proof of global warming

Droughts are proof of global warming
Floods are proof of global warming

Extreme high temperatures are proof of global warming
Extreme low temperatures are proof of global warming

And on it goes. After a while, a pattern is seen to emerge. EVERYTHING is "proof" of global warming! And those who reject this political dogma are branded as "holocaust deniers" are stripped of their university positions, removed from their television shows, and cast into outer darkness. Its the Inquisition from the Political Left, with a vengeance.

Luckily, Revelation doesn't seems to indicate global warming as the cause for the final destruction of the Earth.

Revelation doesn't indicate anything about the future or the "destruction of the Earth." It was a prophecy given by God to explain and warn his people about things that were "soon" to happen in the first century, just as the text states in its opening passage. I take the Bible very seriously. The symbols of Revelation are all defined within the Bible with great clarity. I'm sure we could have many long and interesting discussions about the interpretation of Revelation.

You may not believe me at this moment, the truth will comes to light when more global events unfold. My prediction for 2009 and 2010 is there will be a world recession, food prices will increase many times (it has already increased by 2 or 3 times since a few years ago), however price of oil (petroleum), ethanol, biofuel will be moderated or reduced to lessen the effect of the world recession. If my prediction comes true then believe me.

God Bless:).
Well, I would say that about 95% of the prognosticators would agree with you because your predictions fit the current newspaper headlines. Economic times look grim. There have been food shortages in places. Pat Robertson made a similar error trying to predict the future from current events when he predicted a hurricane worse than Katrina for 2006. He said he got that from God, but I know the truth. He got it from the most recent cataclysmic current event (newspaper headlines) and his imagination. Yet he has not repented from his false prophecies, and continues to blaspheme God by claiming he's getting "mesages" that God did not in fact give him. Thus he misleads the sheep, and causes doubt to grow amongst the faithful.

When did you start making predictions? Do you have any records of past predictions made? How many have been fulfilled? How many not?

In any case, please don't take this response as a "challenge" to you. I enjoy the conversation. I'm merely speaking my mind, with much mutual respect I would hope.

All the best to you,

Richard

StarryEyed
11-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Good Morning :yo:

This is an interesting subject. I don't really have an opinion, my stance in the Lord is "Surprise Us"..!

The whole Global Warming thing, seemed to me to be fear based. I am learning that truly "...perfect love cast's out fear.." and trust that God has it all under control.

Earlier this year I got to thinking...What if global warming is a God thing? As I am reading this thread I remembered a google search I did on July 2nd this year. I simply typed in "year 3033" just to see what I'd get. I came across an interesting website where a person writes their theory on this subject.

They write that one of the main purposes for global warming (if it continues)is that the end result would be a returning of the Earth to Pre-flood conditions! I had not ever thought about that twist before. Kind of an interesting site to explore, I haven't done yet, just skimmed the topic.

Here is the link, as I think it will "float-yer'-boat" for a few here!
http://www.bric.uk.com/chapter12.html

May you all experience a week of Divine revelation :pray:

God Bless

Richard Amiel McGough
11-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Good Morning :yo:

This is an interesting subject. I don't really have an opinion, my stance in the Lord is "Surprise Us"..!

The whole Global Warming thing, seemed to me to be fear based. I am learning that truly "...perfect love cast's out fear.." and trust that God has it all under control.

Earlier this year I got to thinking...What if global warming is a God thing? As I am reading this thread I remembered a google search I did on July 2nd this year. I simply typed in "year 3033" just to see what I'd get. I came across an interesting website where a person writes their theory on this subject.

They write that one of the main purposes for global warming (if it continues)is that the end result would be a returning of the Earth to Pre-flood conditions! I had not ever thought about that twist before. Kind of an interesting site to explore, I haven't done yet, just skimmed the topic.

Here is the link, as I think it will "float-yer'-boat" for a few here!
http://www.bric.uk.com/chapter12.html

May you all experience a week of Divine revelation :pray:

God Bless
Good morning StarryEyed!

Thanks for the very interesting insights. The idea that global warming could return us to a "garden" like condition makes perfect sense. I have always wondered why folks don't seem to remember what goes on in a "green house" - plants grow huge year round, food is abundant, the warmer climate is designed to enhance life. Why is it that the "greenies" (folks committed to environmentalism) don't recognize the word "green" in "green house gas"? The gas CO2 is actually more like a fertilizer since the plants use it to grow.

So the bottom line is that the doom and gloom is fear based, and the fearmongers are actively infecting the children in the public schools with their irrational disease.

I'll take a look at the link as time permits.

Many blessings!

Richard